Saturday, February 7, 2009
RABBIT STEW
Ok, so Gabe and his friend Gabriel talked me into letting them hunt rabbits today. I said, ok but if you get one you have to eat it. Well they went for it, unfortunatly. They got one and skinned it. We looked up the method and luckily a neighbor was around and helped them threw it. I was so grossed out. Got it done but as they took the intestines out they found two babies. Well that totally made them feel bad. Gabriel was like, "Ok I can't look at the babies, take them away."He felt bad. I said, "well isn't hunting glamorous??" We got it done and then I made rabbit stew. So gross. The boys ate every bit. I am not sure if they will do it again. I said any animal you shoot, you eat, so think about it. Todd was gone but came home a little unsure about it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow that is a good lesson. I grew up with my dad hunting. Our freezer was always stuffed with venison. That is how we survived. I do believe that hunting is great, if you eat what you kill. I am sure they had a good time. Your a good mom for letting them do that!! Hope you are feeling better!
I am so impressed. First, that they were able to shoot and kill a rabbit. Then that you skinned it and cooked it, and of course that they ate it. That was a good lesson for them I bet. I don't think I could have followed through with it, good job.
Post a Comment